Our unique circa 1742 home features an 18-tree fruit orchard (apples, cherries, pears),8 fireplaces, 3 claw-foot cast iron soaking tubs,. stunning views, formal rock-walled garden terraces, a formal rose garden, all-season porch, hundreds of acres of hiking, showshoeing, equestrian trails immediately adjacent to home, which boasts a circa 1710 Currier and Ives style tavern on the property, soley for the use of guests. Private sledding hill on our property. Ice skating and fishing on our road, about 500 feet away. Train to NY is a 10 minutes drive away at most--train ride is just over an hour to Grand Central station. Our quaint town is right next to New Canaan and Westport.
- Equipped for kids, Garden, Parking included, Swimming pool, Gourmet Kitchen, Dishwasher
- In home dryer, In home washer
- Internet Access, TV, Wireless Internet
Upscale semi-rural, not quite the banality of suburbia but all the modern luxuries and desirable shopping you could ask for. In fact, we see Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones at a local restaurant very often, as he has a home in the next town over. Long Island sound is 20 minutes away.
- Outdoor Activities
- Basketball, Biking, Canoe/Kayak, Fishing, Football, Golf, Hiking / Trekking, Sailing, Skiing, Surf, Tennis
- Beach, Leisure Parks, Restaurants, Shopping, Fitness Center / Health Clubs, Theaters, Forest, Lake
- Galleries / Museums
- Transport nearby
- Train Station
- Neighborhood Services
- Bakery, Convenience Store, Pharmacy, Supermarket